Jakarta Founder Institute just successfully graduated its summer batch of kick-ass entrepreneurs. The prominent startup launch program with its origin in Silicon Valley has become an important and reputable institution in Indonesia´s startup ecosystem. Out of hundreds of applications, 75 aspiring entrepreneurs were selected to participate in the program that was kicked-off in September last year. However, only nine founders survived the tough four-month program and were deemed worthy of graduation.
Jakarta Founder Institute is well-known for its professional, yet intensive education. On average, only around 2% of the applicants make the cut annually. The nine graduates passed strict assignments and tough challenges such as creating a Board Package in one day during New Years Eve.
The participants have been challenged to the core by Founder Institute Directors Andy Zain, Boye Hartmann and Izak Jenie, who worked closely together with a list of 80 mentors. They put intensive attention to each of the founders’ progress to be able to come up with worthy graduates that can be trusted to strive and succeed in the market with their planned business.
The proud alumni are:
- 3i: 3i is developing online Preventive and Predictive Maintenance to help manufactures reduce downtime and unscheduled shutdown using Industrial Internet of Things Technology.
- Andalin: Andalin is a one stop online solution website to help SMEs source import & export services by providing integrated cross-border logistics.
- Bildeco: Bildeco is Specialize E-Commerce of Building Material to Help Construction Companies to get the best deals through our large network of reputable supplier and producer in Indonesia.
- Fishare: Fishare develops an automated farming system which is powered by aggregated data analytics. Not only do they make fish feeding more efficient, but also maintain cultivation risks and enable farmers to gain additional income from harvested vegetables.
- Indogold: Indogold offers Gold Savings Account platform to help investor protect their wealth against inflation in gold with security, fully insured and audited by third party public accountant.
- Neetip: Neetip is a mobile application for shoppers to request travelers to help their shopping needs with peer to peer location-based system & secure escrow service.
- Sevva: Sevva is a rental marketplace where people with temporary needs can rent daily objects from each other. Sevva will provide escrow service & insurance to ensure an effortless rental transactions for the users.
- WSignal: WSignal is a mini antenna leasing service to help mobile operator reduce blank spots by also enabling community collaboration. The community will be able to report the signal problem and rent some space in their house to place the antenna.
- Zendmoney: Zendmoney website and application provide convenience for Indonesian migrant workers all over the globe to use remittance service in an easier, faster, and more secure way.
Five of the graduates, namely Rifki Pratomo of Andalin, Errika Ferdinata of Bildeco, Marvinus Arif of Fishare, Erik Hormein of Sevva and Antonius Stefanus of Neetip are awarded with Startup Launch Grants of IDR 100.000.000 each, plus in-kind marketing. Their graduation is followed by a Silicon Valley Immersion Trip, where the new entrepreneurs will visit prominent startups such as Facebook as well as have the chance to meet the founder of Founder Institute, Adeo Ressi.
In addition to the grant, Andalin and Sevva were selected to join the next batch of ideabox Alpha Accelerator program in Kejora Headquarters this year and Fishare signed a partnership with Indosat Ooredoo.
The hard work is not done yet, the real venture journey just started. Congrats to all of the graduates, we can´t wait to hear from them soon!